WBJEE 2017 Admit Card, Exam Date, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Application Form, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2017, WBJEE Will be held On 17 May 2017,
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2017
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state level examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for admissions to the undergraduate level coursesin Medical, Dental, Engineering & Technology,Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State.
The official website for WBJEEB is http://wbjeeb.nic.in.
The application forms for WBJEE 2016 were available online from 5th January 2016 to 28th February 2016.
Date of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2016 is 17th May 2016.
The WBJEEM-2016 examination will be conducted for 3 types of examinees as listed below. Candidate needs to choose the type during the online application.
Type E- For candidates seeking admission in Engineering/Technology/Architecture or in Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University. They have to appear for Mathematics and Physics+Chemistry subjects in the examination.
Type M-For candidates seeking admission in Medical/Dental courses. They have to appear for Biological Sciences, Physics + Chemistry subjects in the examination.
Type C-For candidates seeking admission in Engineering/Technology/Architecture courses or Medical/Dental courses or in Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University. They have to appear for Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Physics + Chemistry subjects in the examination.
Three separate merit lists will be published for Engineering, Medical and Pharmacy.
Check out the complete information about WBJEE 2016 including its eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, important dates and admit card.
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the WBJEE 2016.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2016 for Engineering/Technology (other than Marine Engineering), Pharmacy and Architecture Courses. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2016 and must not be 25 years of age as on 31st July 2016 for Marine Engineering Course.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2016 for Medical/Dental Courses. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates seeking admission to Government Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy Colleges, Medical/Dental Colleges or Reserve category seats of any Institution, including TFW Category seats must be domicile of West Bengal.
- Candidates must passHigher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board in regular class mode.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Pattern
There will be multiple-choice questions from the subjects Biological Science, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Questions will be of three categories for each subject.
For Category 1-
- Only one option is correct.
- One mark will be provided for each correct answer.
- There will be negative marking for an incorrect answer and one-fourth mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- For any combination of more than one option, the answer will be treated as incorrect and one-fourth mark will be deducted.
For Category 2-
- Only one option is correct.
- Two marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- There will be negative marking for an incorrect answer and 1/2 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- For any combination of more than one option, the answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/2 mark will be deducted.
For Category 3-
- Only or more options are correct.
- Two marks will be provided for marking all correct options.
- For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the marked answer will be treated as incorrect and it will yield zero marks.
- For partially correct answers, i.e. when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options is marked, the marks awarded = 2 X (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options)
Candidates have to answer questions on specially designed machine-readable answer sheets (OMR Answer Sheet) using blue/black ballpoint pen only.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Syllabus
WBJEE 2016 syllabus include following topics-
Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Coordinate geometry of three dimensions, Calculus.
Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Kinematics, Laws
of motion, Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction, Gravitation, Bulk properties of matter, Viscosity, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations & Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effect of current, Magnetics, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics I (Ray optics), Optics II (Wave Optics), Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism, Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Solid state Electronics.
Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Ionic and Redox Equilibria, Hydrogen, Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds, Chemistry of Metals, Chemistry in Industry, Polymers, Surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds, Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Aromatic Compounds, Application Oriented chemistry, Introduction to Bio-Molecules, Principles of Qualitative Analysis.
Science of Life, Ultra structure and functions of cellular components, Chemical constituents of living cells, Chromosome, Cell division, Genetics and Evolution, Molecular basis of inheritance, Evolution, Morphological variations and structural organization, Physiology and Biochemistry, Animals: Human, Taxonomy, Systematics and Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Biodiversity and Conservation, Environmental issues, Microbes andhuman welfare, Health and diseases, Biotechnology and its applications.
Important Dates for WBJEE 2016
Online availability of application form starts from- 5th January 2016
Last date to apply for an application form- 28th February 2016
Last date to upload documents- 2nd March 2016
Last date of fee payment- 5th March 2016
Last date for the printing of confirmation page- 31st March 2016
Date of availability of admit card- 4th April 2016
Date of WBJEE – 17th May 2016
Date of result of exam- 5th June 2016
WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card will be available in the month of April 2016 for the students to download. Candidates are advised to take the printout of admit card and keep it safe till the end of the admission process. Entry in examination hall will only be allowed with the admit card.