Thapar University B.E and B.Tech Admissions 2017-18, Thapar University BE and B.Tech application procedure, selection procedure, counselling details, eligibility criteria, and important dates 2017,
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017
Thapar University has announced admissions for the undergraduate engineering courses, B.Tech and B.Eprograms available at the University. All the interested candidates can fill the application forms for admission to the University till 26th April 2017. Thapar University will not conduct any separate entrance examination for admission in engineering courses. Candidates will be selected for the B.Tech and B.E programs on the basis of their performance in JEE Main-2017. Admission to B.Tech (Biotechnology) course will be conducted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in AIPMT 2017. There are total 1430 seats for B.Tech and B.E programs. 50% of the seats, i.e., 715 are reserved for candidates who have passed qualifying examination from School/ College/ Institute located in the state of Punjab.
The official website of the Thapar University is www.thapar.edu.
The application form fee is Rs.1500 for B.Tech and B.E programs and can be paid through online payment gateway or demand draft.
Check out the complete information about Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 including its application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, important dates, and counselling details.
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 Application Procedure
- Candidates who are willing to take admissions in Thapar University B.E./B.Tech programs can apply online on the official website, i.e.,thapar.edu.
- First of all, go to the admissions section and click on the link that says, Undergraduate.
- Now, click on the link “Apply Online”.
- After that, go to the tab undergraduate programs and click on “Apply Now”.
- Create a new account by entering a valid email ID.
- After that login to your email id, you must have received an email from Thapar University. Click on the link given in the email to validate your email address, create a password and save it.
- In the next steps enter all the personal, address, and program details and save them.
- In the last step make the payment of application fee through online gateway or demand draft and submit all the details.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated. Candidates are advised to take the printout of e-receipt and application form for the record.
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Physics, Mathematics, and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science OR minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- Candidate must have secured at least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates) in JEE Main- 2017.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 80% aggregate marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in Physics, Mathematics, and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
- Candidate must have secured at least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in JEE Main- 2017.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must possess a good moral character.
- Candidate should have born on or after October 1, 1990 (5years relaxation in age for SC/ST/PH candidates).
- The first five toppers of the recognized Boards of India in the examinations held in 2017 will be given direct admission to the first year of B.E./ B.Tech programs, with the condition that they must have appeared in JEE (Main)-2017, but the entrance test score of such students will not be required for admission.
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 Selection Procedure
Admissions to the B.E./B.Tech programs in Thapar University will be given on the basis of JEE Main-2017 rank. Selection will be made on the basis of the score in JEE Main-2017 marks and Class 12th marks in the ratio 60:40.
There will be three ranks in total-
- All India Rank
- Category Rank
- State Rank
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 Important Dates
Online registration began from- 17th March 2017
Last date for submission of application form for B.E/B.Tech- 26th April 2017
Last date for submission of application form for B.Tech (Biotechnology) – 30th June 2017
Counselling process for Thapar University B.Tech admission will start on- 23rd May 2017
Thapar University B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2017 Counselling
Counselling process will start from 23rd May 2017 by releasing the list of selected candidates. Counselling will be held in the month of July 2017. Candidates, whose name will appear in the merit list, will be allowed to choose the courses of their choice. Candidates are required to report at the counselling venue with all the relevant documents and certificates in original as well as the photocopy and all the documents must be attested by the authority. At the time of document verification, the candidate must bring a Demand Draft of Rs.1500 in favor of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala to proceed with the counselling.Seats will be allotted to candidates only after the verification of documents.