TENA 2017 – Anna University Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2017 TNEA, Tamil nadu engineering entrance exam 2017, Anna university engineering entrance exam 2017, TENA Counseling Process 2017, TENA Result 2017, TENA 2017 is conducted for admission to B.Tech/B.E courses. tnea exam 2017, anna university eligibility marks for engineering, Anna University declared Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) 2017 rank list Earlier, it has released notification and invited online applications from April 15 to June 4 for the admissions into various undergraduate programs through single window counselling system which are offered at offered at 571 Engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. All the candidates who had applied can check TNEA Rank List 2017 from the direct link provided below
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2017 TNEA
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is the process through which candidates get themselves enrolled in undergraduate level courses at various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu through single window counselling.Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions is conducted by Anna University. Anna University will not conduct any separate entrance exam. The admission will be given to the candidate on the basis of his performance in Class XIIth exams.
The official website of Anna University is www.annauniv.edu.
Allocation of seats in Colleges:
- Seats in B.E. & B.Tech. Degree Courses in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University.
- Seats in B.E. Degree Courses in Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering (Tamil Medium) in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University.
Seats in B.E. & B.Tech. Degree Courses in Government, Government Aided, and Seats surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges.
- a) Category I
- Seats in Government Engineering Colleges
- Seats in Aided courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Seats in Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi
- b) Category II
- Seats in Self-Supporting courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Seats surrendered by Self Financing Engineering Colleges
- Seats in Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
A candidate needs to submit only one online application for all the courses/colleges/Institutions mentioned above irrespective of the category.Candidates seeking admission under special reservation should also enclose a Special Reservation formfor each special reservation category along with the main online application.
Duration of the Programme:
B.E./B.Tech.- Duration of this course will be 4 years comprising of 8 semesters.
B.E. (Sandwich)- Duration of this course will be 5 years comprising of 10 semesters.
- By Onlinee Mode: The application fee is Rs.500 for General category candidate, Rs.250 for SC/SCA/ST candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu and Rs.100 for every special reservation in addition.
- By Offline Mode: The candidates have to pay Rs. 700/- for the general and Rs. 450/- for scheduled caste/scheduled tribe/other backward classes.
Check out the complete information about TNEA 2017 including its application procedure, eligibility criteria, important dates, merit list, and counselling details.
TNEA 2017 Application Procedure
- The candidates can register applications only through the Internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu from 15th April 2017.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee either through online payment mode or by demand draft.Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Candidates have to submit the online application either in person or by post along with the photocopies of 10th and 12th marksheet, 12th class hall ticket, Transfer Certificate, Permanent community certificate card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM, Nativity certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate (if applicable), First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate (If applicable), Srilankan Tamil Refugee certificate (If applicable), Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-Serviceman, Son / Daughter of Freedom Fighter, Differently Abled Person and Eminent Sports Persons (If applicable), Demand Draft (if applicable) to the Secretary,TNEA, Anna University, Chennai –600 025 within 10 days from the publication of Class 12th result.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the TNEA2016.
- Candidate must be a native of Tamil Nadu state.
- Candidates whose parents/guardians are working in the Public/Government sector in Tamil Nadu for the last five years are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 exam or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry together with a minimum of 50% marks (for general category), 45% marks (Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim), and 40% marks for (MBC & DNC and SC/SCA/ST).
The candidate should have passed 10+2 exam or equivalent in any one of the Vocational subjects (General Machinist, Electrical Machines and Appliances, Electronic Equipment, Draughtsman Civil, Auto Mechanic, Textile Technology) with any one of the subject, namely Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks (for general category), 45% marks (Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim), and 40% marks for (MBC & DNC and SC/SCA/ST).
For Marine Engineering:
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as a separate subject with an average of 60 % in PCM. A minimum of 50% in English either at 10th or 12th standard is required for all the candidates.
- The minimum age limit is 25 years.
- The minimum height of the candidate should be 157 cm.
- The minimum weight of the candidate should be 48 kg.
- The color vision of the candidate should be normal.
Important Dates for TNEA 2017
Application forms available from- 15th April 2017
Last date for filing of Application Form- 7 days from the date of publication of Class XIIth result
Last date for submission of filled in online Application Form- 10 days from the date of publication of Class XIIth result
Date of rank publication- 3rd week of June 2017
Date of counselling- Last week of June to the last week of July 2017
|Notification Date for TNEA 2017||First week of May, 2017|
|Application form start date||First week of May, 2017|
|Last date for issue of application form||last week of May, 2017|
|Counselling date||First week of July, 2017|
TNEA 2017 Merit List
The Anna University will publish the merit list after the announcement of the result. The merit list will be generated on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the Class 12th exam. Admissions through TNEA 2016 will be done on the basis of merit list only.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
TNEA 2017 counselling will start in the month of June/July 2017. Candidates will be allotted seats in the engineering college of Tamil Nadu on the basis of their ranking in the merit list. The candidate will have to produce Original mark sheets and certificates at the time of counselling.
Anna University TNEA Rank List 2017:
Anna University released notification and invited online applications for the TNEA 2017. A huge number of eligible and interested candidates applied for the examination. Candidates who had applied can check the rank list which are declared today. The rank list is based on the reservations and marks obtained from total 200 marks. Candidates can check the rank list and attend the counselling as per the given schedule. However, the meir list for the sports quota will be available on 23rd June 2017 and the counselling will begin on 24th June. Also, the counselling for the differently abled students will be conducted on 25th June.