NEET 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, NEET Result 2017, NEET Admit Card 2017, NEET Important Dates 2017, NEET 2017 Application Procedure, NEET Syllabus 2017.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2016 Phase 2
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2016 Phase 2 on 24th July 2016. According to Supreme Court order, NEET is the country’s only medical entrance exam, through which all the medical colleges, run by the central and state governments, as well as private institutions and minority institutions, will admit students. The CBSE pre-medical test that was given on 1st May 2016 will be treated as the first phase of the NEET.
The official website for NEET is www.aipmt.nic.in.
Candidates who did not give the 1st May 2017 examination can also apply for NEET 2017 Phase 2.NEET Phase 2 is open for all medical aspirants even though someone has already appeared in NEET Phase 1, then candidature of Phase 1 will be canceled. It is not mandatory for aspirants to take Part in NEET Phase 2. If someone thinks that he/she has performed well in phase 1, he/she can skip the exam of phase two and their marks of Phase 1 will be considered for ranking. There will be only 1 ranking, irrespective of which NEET exam you write.This two-phase system is only for this year; next year onward, there will be only one examination. Candidates need to fill the fresh form for NEET Phase 2.
The NEET 2016 Phase 2 will be held on 24th July 2016.
The application fee for NEET 2017 Phase 2 is Rs.1400 for General and OBC category and Rs.750 for SC/ST/PH category.
Check out the complete information about NEET 2017 Phase 2 including its application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam syllabus, important dates, exam center, admit card, and exam result.
NEET 2017 Application Procedure
Here are the steps to apply for the NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam.
- Go to the official website, www.aipmt.nic.in.
- Click on the link “Apply Online” for NEET 2017 Phase 2.
- Enter all the relevant information to fill in the application form and submit the details.
- In the next step, you will see a registration number generated on the screen, candidates are advised to note down the registration number.
- Now, upload the photograph, signature, and right-hand index finger impression.
- Make the payment for the application fee online through credit/debit card, net banking or by e-challan.
- After the payment of application fee,candidates are advised to take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the NEET 2017 Phase 2.
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Candidate’s age must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December 2017.
- The age limit is 25 years for General and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
- Candidate must have passed Class XIIth or equivalent examination or appearing from a recognized board in 2016.
- Candidate must have passed Class XII examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and Mathematics with English.
- Candidate must have passed the B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Biotechnology
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in PCB or 45% (General PH) or 40% (SC/ST/OBC).
NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
- NEET 2016 Phase 2 will be pen and paper based exam.
- The answers shall be marked on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at center only.
- Candidate can choose the language of the examination either in English or Hindi.
- The test will consist of 180 objective type questions(four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Four marks will be given for each correct answer and one mark will be every incorrect answer.
- The total duration of the test will be three hours.
NEET 2017 Exam Syllabus
Exam syllabus for NEET 2016 Phase 2 includes following topics-
Physics- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electronics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices.
Chemistry- Some basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry- some basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life.
Biology- Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in Animals, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology and Environment.
Important Dates for NEET 2017
- NEET Phase 1 exam was conducted on- 1st May 2017
- NEET Phase 2 exam date- 24th July 2017
- NEET Phase 1 and Phase 2 result date- 17th August 2017
- NEET 2017 Counselling- 18th August to 30th September 2017
NEET 2017 Exam Center
NEET 2017 Phase 2 will be held at following centers.
Port Blair, Itanagar, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Raipur, Ambikapur, Delhi, Panaji, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Shimla, Hamirpur, Ranchi, Bokaro, Bangalore, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Imphal, Shillong, Aizwal, Dimapur, Kohima, Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Berhampur, Puducherry, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Jaipur, Ajmer, Kota, Chennai, Agartala, Dehradun, Pant Nagar/Haldwani, Lucknow, Varanasi, Noida, Kolkata, Siliguri, Riyadh.
NEET 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for NEET 2017 Phase 2 will be available for candidates to download one week before the exam on the official website, www.aipmt.nic.in. To download the Admit Card candidates need to enter their registration number and password.Candidates are advised to check if the entries in admit card are correct and take print out for future use. Candidates are advised to preserve the Admit Card in good condition till the admission process is over. Entry in examination hall will only be allowed with the admit card.
NEET 2017 Exam Result
The exam result of NEET 2017 Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be declared on 17th August on the official website, www.aipmt.nic.in. The result will be declared for only those candidates who secure the qualifying marks in the entrance exam.