NATA 2017 Application Form, Syllabus, Admit Card, National Aptitude Test in Architecture NATA. It is a national level entrance examination for admission into 5 year B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture), NATA 2017 Eligibility criteria, NATA 2017 Important Dates, NATA 2017 Exam Pattern, NATA Score Card 2017.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture NATA 2017
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level entrance examination for the admission into Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) courses conducted by Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India.
The official website of the NATA is https://www.nata.in.
The NATA test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability in the particular field of architecture.
NATA 2016 Registration has been started from 21st January 2016 and last date to register is 18th August 2016.
NATA 2017 Exam will be from April to August 2016.
All the interested candidates who want to pursue their graduation in architecture field has to take up the NATA Exam.
NATA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the NATA 2016.
- Candidates who have passed Class X exam from a recognized board can appear for NATA 2016, but that does not make them eligible for admission in B. Arch courses.
- Candidate must have passed Class XII exam from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Class XII with Mathematics as a subject of examination.
- NATA exam is conducted for admission in the first year of the B. Arch degree courses.
NATA 2017 Application Form
Here are the steps to apply for NATA 2016 application form.
- Go to the official website of NATA nata.in.
- Click on the register button for the registration.
- Candidates have to fill in their Name, Mobile number and email id to register.
- Candidate will receive a confirmation email and after that, they can fill the complete registration form.
- After that candidate can pay their application fee through online (net banking, credit/debit card) or offline through bank Challan from any branch of ICICI bank all over India.
- The examination fee for NATA is Rs.1250 + Additional charges for payment through the card and the other gateway.
- The candidates are advised to keep the printout of the filled registration form and fee payments with them for future reference.
NATA 2017 Exam Pattern
- NATA 2016 exam will consist of 2 parts-
Part I- It will be a paper-based drawing test (for drawing). There will be 2 questions that the candidate needs to answer in two hours.
Part II- It will be a computer-based test (for Aesthetic Sensitivity). There will be 40 questions that the candidate needs to answer in one hour.
- Candidates can attempt NATA for a maximum of 5 timeswithin two years from the date of their first attempt.
- There will be no negative marking in the examination.
NATA 2017 Exam Syllabus
Drawing Test- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil,Architectural Awareness, Architectural terminology,Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities and colour, Historical and contemporary buildings of Architectural importance,Architects and their Works,Awareness of persons, places, buildings etc. of Architectural importance.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test- Aesthetic, Sensitivity and Drawing Skills,Analytical reasoning Mental ability,Elements of Design: Lines, Form, Mass, Solid etc,Generation of plan, elevations and 3D views of objects.
Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms,Development of 3 Dimensional objects from two-dimensional shapes Or vice versa,Visualizing different sides of Three Dimensional objects,theory of colors,Principle of Design, Harmony, Balance, etc.
List of Architecture Colleges accepting admissions through NATA 2017 Score
- Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai
2. Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
3. Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
4. Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
5. Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
6. Sushant School of Art and Architecture Gurgaon
7. Gurgaon Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, JMI, Delhi
8. Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa
9. R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore
10. Manipal University
11. Sinhgad College of Architecture, Pune
12. Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA), Mumbai
13. Chitkara School of Planning & Architecture
14. Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur
15. School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- College of Engineering- Trivandrum
17. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology (SVIT), Vasad
18. Apeejay Institute of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning Greater Noida
19. Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture, Mumbai
20. IES College of Architecture, Mumbai
21. Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies (KRVIA), Mumbai
22. Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai’s Campus Pillai’s College of Architecture (PICA), New Panvel
23. L S Raheja School of Architecture, Mumbai
24. Kavikulguru Institute of Technology and Science (KITS), Ramtek
25. School of Planning & Architecture – Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNA&FAU), Hyderabad
26. Malik Sandal Institute of Art & Architecture, Bijapur
27. Jawahar Lal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC), Aurangabad
28. Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Bathinda
29. College of Architecture, IET Bhaddal
30. RIMT-College of Architecture, Mandi, Gobindgarh
31. Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur
32. Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE), Madurai
33. MEASI Academy of Architecture, Chennai
34. Tamilnadu School of Architecture, Coimbatore
35. Dehradun Institute of Technology (DIT), Dehradun
Important Dates for NATA 2017
- NATA 2016 Registration starts from- 21st January 2016
- NATA 2016 Registration last date- 18th August 2016
- NATA 2016 Exam starts from- 1stApril 2016
- NATA 2016 Exam last date- 20thAugust 2016
NATA 2017 Score Card
NATA 2016 Score Card will be available 4 days after the test on the official website. Candidates can download their scorecard by providing necessary information.
As per Council of Architecture admission guidelines, a candidate applying to any school/college of architecture in India should have achieved a 40% score in NATA 2016.
NATA score will be valid for the next two years from the date of generation of the scorecard.