IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, IIMC Admit Card 2017, IIMC Entrance Exam Result 2017, IIMC Application Form 2017, IIMC Syllabus 2017, Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) Entrance Exam 2017.
IIMC Postgraduate Diploma Courses Entrance Exam 2017
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) is one of India’s premier institutes for training, teaching, and research in mass communication. It is an autonomous society under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, funded and promoted by the Government of India in New Delhi. IIMC has its headquarters in Delhi and also has five Regional Centers in Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Dhenkanal (Odisha), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala).
IIMC has invited applications for the entrance exam of Post Graduate Diploma courses. The postgraduate diploma courses offered by IIMC are-
1. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English)
2. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi)
3. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism
4. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations
5. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia)
The official website of IIMC is www.iimc.gov.in.
The application form is available for IIMC Post Graduate Diploma courses entrance exams at IIMC New Delhi and IIMC Dhenkanal from 31st March 2017. IIMC entrance exam forms can also be downloaded from the official website: www.iimc.gov.in. Last date for issue of application form is 6th May 2017.
The application form and prospectus fee is Rs.1200 for general category and Rs.1100for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped envelope of Rs.70. Completed application forms with DD should reach the Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,New Delhi-110067, on or before 6th May 2017.
IIMC entrance exam for Journalism Hindi/English, Radio and TV Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations will be conducted on 29th May 2017.
IIMC entrance exam for Odia Journalism will be conducted on 30th May 2017.
The number of seats in IIMC Postgraduate Diploma courses.
Journalism (English)- 62 seats
Journalism (Hindi)- 184 seats
Radio & Television Journalism- 46seats
Advertising and Public Relations- 70 seats
Journalism (Odia)- 23 seats
Check out the complete information about IIHM E-Chat 2017 including its application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection procedure, exam center, important dates, and admit card.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the IIMC Entrance Exam 2017.
- Candidate should be a graduate in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply.
- For general category candidates, the date of birth should be 1st August 1991 or later . For SC/ST/PH category candidates, the date of birth should be 1st August 1986 or later. For OBC candidates, the date of birth should be 1st August 1988 or later.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Exam Pattern
There is no standardized pattern of the written examination. However, candidates will be judged on the following parameters.
For Journalism Courses
- General Awareness, including the understanding of social dynamics; interest in social history; awareness of public debates on matters of polity and economy; awareness about international developments influencing power equations in the world and their impact on India.
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability
- Analytical & comprehension skills
For Advertising and Public Relations
- General Awareness
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language Capability
- Analytical & Comprehension skills
- Brand awareness & recall
- Quantification skills
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Selection Procedure
Eligible candidates will be called for written test on 29th and 30th May 2017. Candidates who appear in the written examination will be ranked on the basis of the marks obtained and a shortlist based on merit will be prepared for each of the courses. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview/group discussion during the last week of June/first week of July 2017 in New Delhi. The shortlisted candidates for the course in Odia Journalism will be called for interview/ group discussion during the last week of June/first week of July 2017 in Dhenkanal.
The list of candidates to be admitted to the courses will be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and the interview/group discussion. The weightage for the written examination and the interview/group discussion will be 85:15.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Exam Center
IIMC Entrance exam 2017 will be conducted in the following cities.
New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Kolkata, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Important Dates
- Sale of Application form started from- 31st March 2017
- Last date for sale and receipt of application form- 6th May 2017
- Date of entrance exam- 29th May and 30th May 2017
- Date of Interview/Group Discussion- June/July 2017
IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 Admit Card
Admit card for IIMC Entrance exam 2017 will be declared by the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in the month of May 2017. Keep checking the official website of IIMC: www.iimc.gov.in for the official announcement.