BITSAT 2017 Eligibility, Last Dates, Syllabus, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2017, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) is an Indian Institute of higher education and a deemed university. It focuses mainly on undergraduate education in engineering and the sciences. The institute was established in 1964. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) has its centres at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai and two more proposed centres coming up at Vizag and Bhubaneswar.
Every year Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts an admission test for granting admissions in the engineering courses at their campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
This test is called Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT). It is a University level entrance test to offer admissions in various engineering courses like Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
BITSAT 2017 is a computer based online test conducted by BITS Pilani. The test will be held from 14th May- 28th May 2017. Nearly two Lac candidates will be appearing in the examination for around two thousand seats in various engineering courses.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2017
Interested candidates must follow the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII examination from a central or state board of India or its equivalent.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology and at least 60% marks in each of these subjects individually.
- Candidates who are appearing for Class XII in 2017 or who have passed Class XII in 2015 can apply for the examination.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII in 2014 or earlier are not eligible for the examination.
- Candidates who score first rank in any central or state boards in India for the year 2017 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their score in BITSAT 2017.
The official website of Birla Institute of Technology and Science is http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in.
Important Dates for BITSAT 2017
Availability of Application Form- 8th January 2017
Last date to apply for BITSAT 2017- 5th March 2017
Test center allotment to candidates- 8th March 2017
To reserve test dates- 21st March- 10th April 2017
Hall tickets available for download- 20th April- 30th April 2017
BITSAT 2017 Online Exam- 14th May- 28th May 2017
To apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes- 20th May- 30th June 2017
Admit List and Wait List announcement- 1st July 2017
BITSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2017 is a computer based online examination.
- The exam will be divided into four parts-
- Part I- It will consist of questions from Physics.
- Part II- It will consist of questions from Chemistry.
- Part III- It will consist of questions from English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- Part IV- It will consist of questions from Mathematics/ Biology.
- The examination comprises of 150 multiple choice objective type questions.
- Each correct answer will be given three marks and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The time duration of the examination will be three hours.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2017 Exam
PART I- Physics
Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices
PART II- Chemistry
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p-d-and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
PART III- English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- a) English Proficiency- Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Composition.
- b) Logical Reasoning- Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning.
PART IV- Mathematics/Biology
Mathematics- Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical modeling.
Biology- Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function –Plants, Structure and Function -Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications.
BITSAT 2017 Exam Centre
The exam centre for BITSAT 2017 has been already allocated to candidates on 10th March 2017. Candidates can check the allotted centres on http://www.bitsadmission.com/ by entering their application number, gender, date of birth and email-id. They can reserve the test date and slots from 21st March- 10th April 2017.
BITSAT 2017 Admit Card
BITSAT 2017 Admit Card will be issued by BITS Pilani. Candidates can download their admit card from 20th April- 30th April 2017 by entering the details Application number, Gender and Date of Birth. Admit Card is necessary for appearing in the examination at the assigned centres.
The Admit Card will include details as Candidate number, Application number, Test date, Test time and Test Centre.